As you all know, here at The Refinishing Touch, we are very much committed to providing services with minimal impact on the environment. Being green isn’t always easy, so we’ve put together our top 5 of the latest sustainable news from across the blogosphere to inform, entertain, and hopefully inspire you too!
• The Calistoga Ranch in Napa Valley finds a cute and eco-friendly alternative to lawnmowers with babydoll sheep.
• Hilton Worldwide proprietary LightStay system implementation helps the hospitality giant reduce carbon footprint—with utility costs savings of more than $29 million.
• Interested in responsible travel? Then the free Travel Guide Green eBook issued by The International Ecotourism society is a must-read.
• NY Times’ design critic Alice Rawsthorn takes a look at the latest progress in sustainable design and judges if recent attempts are cool, green or both.
• Ten interesting and creative ways to give your wine bottles a second life…in your garden.