June 26th, 2012 by TRT Blog
As the sustainability movement continues to strength across the hospitality, government and higher education industries, many are now focused on how to successfully mix both environmentally-consciousness and aesthetics. Recently, particularly at hotels where style is key, the concept of ‘eco-chic’ is traditionally a trend that is shied away from, assuming there’s a large price tag that accompanies such a name. But here at The Refinishing Touch, our goal is to provide tailored furniture asset management services to help hotel operators realize that not only is ‘eco-chic’ attainable, but it is also affordable.
Now more than ever, hotels have a countless number of sustainable and stylish renovation options that don’t break the bank. Some of the options that have captured even the most upscale lodger’s attention include the following:
- Refinishing furniture with updated finish colors and hardware for a new, contemporary look, without the environmental waste or the financial burden
- Reupholstering pieces such as dining chairs, sofas and arm chairs, with fashionable fabrics and textiles
- Installing energy-efficient fireplaces, creating a cozy atmosphere while cutting the heating bill
- Utilizing recycled wooden platforms instead of box springs to hold bed mattresses in place
- Investing in rugs made from recycled materials, for a more chic and eco-friendly feel
- Replacing traditional light switches with dimmers, giving guests the option of saving electricity while creating a mellow ambiance
According to a recent article in Hotel Interactive, hotel chains that utilized some of these renovation alternatives spent $15,000 to $20,000 per room in costs, but in return, boosted rates from $75 per room to $225 room. As it turns out, hotels can please guests and Mother Nature at the same time, all while capitalizing on profit.
As providers of on-site sustainable furniture asset management services, we continue to make the goal of becoming ‘eco-chic’ more achievable than ever, benefitting both the guests and the hotel owners.
For more information on The Refinishing Touch’s services or to get a free quote, go to www.therefinishingtouch.com.